- 1 turnip
- 1 head of broccoli
- 1 small onion
- 1 carrot (optional)
- 1/2 head cauliflower
- 4 cups unsweetened ‘milk’
- 2 stick ‘butter’
- 1/4 cup cassava flour
- 1/4 tsp white pepper, optional
- salt to taste
- Wash and dice turnip. (Peel, if desired.)
- Dice onion.
- Cut broccoli and cauliflower into bite-sized pieces.
- Slice carrot, if using.
- Preheat sauce pan on gas mark 7 or med-high heat for 2 minutes.
- Add butter to pan, allowing to melt.
- Add pepper, if using.
- Add onion to butter to caramelize, about five minutes.
- Add unsweetened milk, stirring to deglaze the bottom of the pan.
- Add cassava flour and stir vigorously until combined.
- Add turnip, cauliflower, broccoli, and carrot.
- Bring to a boil and reduce to gas mark 5 or medium heat, simmering for 45 minutes or until turnip pieces are tender.
- Add salt at serving time.