- 2 Turnips
- 1/4 of a medium red onion
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk, like macadamia nut or soy, room temp
- 1/4 cup sunflower oil, room temp
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbs dill (fresh or dry)
- 1/2 bunch chives, OPTIONAL
- Boil the two turnips, covered in water, for 30 mins. Drain & chill once complete.
- Once turnips are completely chilled, peel & dice.
- Ensure milk & oil & dill are room temperature.
- Using a food processor, put 1/4 cup non-dairy milk (unsweetened) into the reservoir.
- Add 1 tbs dill to the reservoir.
- Add chives to the reservoir, if using.
- Add 1/4 tsp salt to the reservoir.
- Turn on the food processor and slowly pour 1/4 cup sunflower oil into the machine. It should emulsify.
- Slice the 1/4 of a red onion very thinly.
- Combine ‘mayo’ with diced turnips and onion, tossing to coat evenly.
- Return to refrigerator to chill until serving.